How come it’s already the end of the year? 2022 has been one of the busiest years for me. It’s a good thing though, as looking onto my goals list, it has also been one of the greatest! Time for the yearly summary!
Awesome things that I made happen this year:
- Started a new, remote job 👩💻
- Released my app (Haircare Scan PWA) 📱
- Gave a Happy Hour Industry talk about my work experience while still studying at uni 🎙
- Learned Statamic
- Graduated university with first class honours (85,12%) 👩🎓
- Have been awarded BCS award in computing for Digital Development 🏆
- Saved some money (#housedeposit) (the market is horrible atm of course, so still not buying anything…) 💰
- Went to Amsterdam 🇳🇱
- FINALLY SEEN GREEN DAY, FALL OUT BOY & WEEZER 🤘
- Stopped adding sugar in tea and coffee (this is huge as I’ve always said it will never ever happen) 🥄
- Spent 4 weeks in Poland with my family 🇵🇱
- Held a baby chick 🐣
- Rode a roller skates for the first time 🛼
- Got a raise 🤑
- Applied for a citizenship 🇬🇧
- Got a dog 🐶
What a list! Some of those things are huge while some may seem ordinary, nevertheless all were important to me. I have managed to cross all my goals for this year AND MORE! Four items on the list have been my dreams for as long as I remember, and to finally made them come true has been very surreal, magical and, for some reason, a little terrifying too.
I have grown and learned a lot this past year.
I have been more thoughtful about stuff I surround myself with, realising that the less clutter = less stress and mental overload. Quality > quantity, guys.
At the beginning of the year I’ve splurged on a standing desk (thanks to my boss’s recommendation I still made a good deal as some standing desks are pretty expensive. Message me if you’d like to know details). This desk is still one of the best buys of the year. I spend most of my days at the desk, and to be able to switch from sitting to standing, or simply adjust the height to best suit my current activity is a godsend for my back.
Resolutions for next year:
After such awesome, busy, dream-making year, the goals for the next one are starting to be harder to define. Nevertheless..
- Continue working remotely
- Skill up in Statamic and Laravel
- Write more posts here
- Kepp saving for a house
- See my family at least once
- Train my puppy to be a well behaving dog
- Visit Wales or Scotland
+ a few more personal ones that I will keep to myself
How was your 2022?
I truly believe that defining our goals and dreams is the first step to making them happen, so if you haven’t already, make that list!