How come it’s already the end of the year? 2022 has been one of the busiest years for me. It’s a good thing though, as looking onto my goals list, it has also been one of the greatest! Time for the yearly summary!
Awesome things that I made happen this year:
- Started a new, remote job 👩💻
- Released my app (Haircare Scan PWA) 📱
- Gave a Happy Hour Industry talk about my work experience while still studying at uni 🎙
- Learned Statamic
- Graduated university with first class honours (85,12%) 👩🎓
- Have been awarded BCS award in computing for Digital Development 🏆
- Saved some money (#housedeposit) (the market is horrible atm of course, so still not buying anything…) 💰
- Went to Amsterdam 🇳🇱
- FINALLY SEEN GREEN DAY, FALL OUT BOY & WEEZER 🤘
- Stopped adding sugar in tea and coffee (this is huge as I’ve always said it will never ever happen) 🥄
- Spent 4 weeks in Poland with my family 🇵🇱
- Held a baby chick 🐣
- Rode a roller skates for the first time 🛼
- Got a raise 🤑
- Applied for a citizenship 🇬🇧
- Got a dog 🐶
What a list! Some of those things are huge while some may seem ordinary, nevertheless all were important to me. I have managed to cross all my goals for this year AND MORE! Four items on the list have been my dreams for as long as I remember, and to finally made them come true has been very surreal, magical and, for some reason, a little terrifying too.
I have grown and learned a lot this past year.
I have been more thoughtful about stuff I surround myself with, realising that the less clutter = less stress and mental overload. Quality > quantity, guys.
At the beginning of the year I’ve splurged on a standing desk (thanks to my boss’s recommendation I still made a good deal as some standing desks are pretty expensive. Message me if you’d like to know details). This desk is still one of the best buys of the year. I spend most of my days at the desk, and to be able to switch from sitting to standing, or simply adjust the height to best suit my current activity is a godsend for my back.
Resolutions for next year:
After such awesome, busy, dream-making year, the goals for the next one are starting to be harder to define. Nevertheless..
- Continue working remotely
- Skill up in Statamic and Laravel
- Write more posts here
- Kepp saving for a house
- See my family at least once
- Train my puppy to be a well behaving dog
- Visit Wales or Scotland
+ a few more personal ones that I will keep to myself
How was your 2022?
I truly believe that defining our goals and dreams is the first step to making them happen, so if you haven’t already, make that list!
If you would like to read my previous yearly summaries, click on the links below:
*Featured photo by Moritz Knöringer on Unsplash
Leave a comment