Another year has gone by and what a year it’s been! Hell of the rollercoaster 🎢 ride for most of us, right?
As every December, I like to pause for a minute, create a list of things that were awesome that year, and also some resolutions for the year ahead.
It’s really cool to look back in the past and see how we, and everything around has changed, so let’s look into my last year’s resolutions:
Going into resolutions for 2020, I would like to:
- attend another hackathon or two,
- still ace at uni and learn new things (maybe another programming language?),
- read at least a book a month,
- travel a little
- keep on posting here about my dev journey
For obvious reasons I only managed to travel a tiny bit in January and unfortunately didn’t attend any more hackathons, but overall I think I did quite all right! 😀
If you’d like to read my full 2019 summary, you can do so HERE.
Awesome things that happened in 2020:
- Completed 1st year at Uni ( +amazing grades)
- Attended Work In The Web workshop in Leeds
- Produced 2 youtube videos
- Did Happy Hour industry talk (virtually, because lockdown happened)
- Kept writing blog posts about my dev journey
- Dev internship!
- My first paid front end dev position
so I could…
- Leave hospitality job!
- Wrote an article for GirlCode
- Attended Code First, Girls course (+my project won 🏆)
- learned a lot!
- Did a little RaspberryPi project
- Saved some money
- Bought my first stock shares
- Didn’t get infected with Covid-19 🦠😷
Of course a lot of not-so-good things happened this year too. Both me and my husband being furloughed during the first lockdown, having family member diagnosed with life threatening condition, my sister’s wedding postponed and not able to see my family are just a few of them. However, I always try to find a bright side and focus on the good rather than bad.
What are my resolutions for 2021?
- keep acing at Uni
- read at least 1 book a month
- save money (#housedeposit)
- keep posting here
- get a pay-rise
- go to Poland to see my family
- not get infected with Covid-19 😷🦠🙅♀️
- do some photoshoots
How was your 2019?
Tell me about your wins and achievements this year, and resolutions for the next one!